TheRebelution.com: The Modesty Survey

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Been Busy

Haven't had a lot of time to update since my last post, about a week ago. Been very, very busy, and very, very tired (still am tired).

I have been able to talk to some Cardinals fans on the trains (preaching) and I have also been able to talk to other people who get on the train right after they get off (obviously a smaller crowd). I still have yet to run across a crowd that knows why I'm there (praise the Lord!!)

Though I have noticed this: sometimes those who have taken the test before just want to see the other people embarrassed by it. We humans are flat out spiteful.

I still have people who gripe and complain that they didn't come to hear a sermon, it's not Sunday, etc. In fact, one girl said it was the worst train ride she had ever had! Her friends all disagreed with her, though, and it seemed to have a very convicting effect on all of them.

On Friday, I even got to talk to an atheist. He made himself look pretty bad asking all these questions that are very plainly answered by the narrative of Scripture. There were people on the train who were obviously somewhat versed in the Scriptures (don't know if they were saved or not), and they just blasted him for not reading. Not one of his questions was hard to answer at all.

After he got off, I got off at his station, too, and thought I recognized the security guard. Heh. I was so wrong. But I did need to talk to this young lady (Erica) because she didn't understand the Gospel. I didn't have a lot of time to explain it, but I think she got it. Her biggest problem was not remembering that Jesus must needs die for our sins, or else there is no forgiveness of our sins. I strongly advised her of that, and got on board the train (this was the trip that the girl didn't like at all).

So, I've had a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to next week and this coming weekend, when I will be in Birmingham, Alabama, with the Great News Network for another evangelism boot camp. That will be exhausting, and I am already tired, so please pray for me, that I will be able hold up during that trip. Also, finances are tight and I don't want to have to use my credit line--it is only for overdraft protection, but I may have to use it to finance this trip (still have yet to purchase plane tickets).

That's all for now. God bless you all. Have a great day.

No comments: