TheRebelution.com: The Modesty Survey

Monday, February 11, 2008

So I had plans...

And God had others.

I was going to go catch the bus, run some errands, and then join some of the youth at the park. Well, I missed the bus, ran a different errand, ran one of the other errands, and spent the rest of the day at home. And I don't regret it.

I got to witness to several people, including Jack at the bank, Chelsea at the mall, Mary on bicycle on 28th St N, and several other people whose names I didn't get. I handed out probably ten MDBs, and had conversations with three people (the named three).

Jack was a bit proud, but he did accept a million dollar bill. Chelsea actually (occasionally) attends the same church I do. And Mary is definitely a Christian--she's just going through the trials of life, but with all honor to Jesus no matter what.

She wouldn't stop praising Him throughout our conversation (not that I tried to get her to!), and she left me with a word of encouragement, saying that God would always supply everything that I need and that I don't need to worry about a thing. Well, I know that, having experienced first hand His loving care for me; but I think the Lord wanted me to realize yesterday that I just needed to go home and rest and not worry about that other errand. I obeyed, and this morning, I am more rested than I have been in weeks. And I thank God for that.

3 comments:

pastorbrianculver said...

remain faithful in witnessing to the lost! keep it up!

Drew said...

Haha... so does God make you run late? Or was he just lucky?

JOSHUA S BLACK said...

How nice of one of my atheist friends from Ray Comfort's blog (as featured on the side of my page) to drop by. Drew, God always has a purpose whenever He makes me late, and, much like those people who were late for work at the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001, I have come to learn to trust Him when that happens. God bless you!