TheRebelution.com: The Modesty Survey

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I'm Baaaaaaack!

And none too soon.

Travelling to a "developing nation" (the politically correct term for "Third World country") has its drawbacks. Like losing your luggage. You can never be too prepared. My only carry-on was my guitar when I went there. Bad idea. It took almost a week to be able to shower. Use that "personal item" for good.

Good thing I remembered that on my way back. You see, I checked in late for my flight from Ft Lauderdale to St Pete Monday morning. So, my checked bags didn't make it with me. But I have been okay for the couple of days, because I properly chose and packed my carry-on.

So I wasn't as stressed as JN when we were among about a half-dozen people who discovered our luggage missing as we disembarked in the Tampa Airport. She was quite furious, actually. I calmed her down by changing the subject: "Have you ever taken the good person test?"

She was surprised that hatred draws the same judgment from God as murder. Of course, it was quite applicable to our current situation. She asked, "So what am I supposed to do?" Pray. I quoted Jesus' words to us about loving our enemies in Matthew 5:44-46. She was stunned by all this. Fortunately for her, I believe she had packed her carry-on properly--it was just that she valued what was in the checked baggage. I reminded her of Matthew 6:33 and prayed for her.

So you never know why God may have you check-in late or lose your luggage. Just know that every situation is an opportunity of a lifetime for you and me to shine His light in a dark world. Amen?

No comments: