TheRebelution.com: The Modesty Survey

Thursday, February 15, 2007

A Lack of Courage

You would think by now that I would have beaten down the "fear of man" that the devil tries to use against any one who tries to witness for Christ. Well, guess why he uses it?

You guessed it: it works!!

I sat down this morning for the entire commute--never once lifting my hand to grab the rail to stand up and preach to the crowd behind me. It wasn't like I didn't have a crowd. It was like, I didn't know what they would think of me for getting up and preaching all of a sudden.

Yep, fear of man. Another form of pride. How I wish that I had gotten up this morning!! But I cannot change the past. There is only one thing to do: Beg the Lord for courage and resolve to do it no more.

So far, so good. My preaching this evening was okay, even though my mouth quickly dried, and my throat continued to congest at times. I think I should have started preaching earlier, but I didn't--once again, because of the fear of man. Someone who works at my job who is a Christian was on the train for a while. I didn't get loud until he left.

I think I may have missed about ten people. Which may not seem like a lot, but there is no good reason for ANYONE to go to Hell--and I know the escape route, and I shunned to tell them because of my pride. I was afraid of what he would think of my sermon. As if he is my Judge?? What stupidity.

"The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whose putteth his trust in the Lord shall be safe" (Proverbs 29:25).

No comments: