TheRebelution.com: The Modesty Survey

Thursday, April 26, 2007

No Regrets

"What will you do with the time that's left?/Will you live it all with no regrets?/Will they say that you loved till your final breath?/What will you do with the time that's left?" ~ Mark Schultz

I had something to regret deeply the day before yesterday: I had just finished witnessing to the security guard on the train, and there was a young lady whom I thought had overheard our conversation. The Lord told me to go talk to her, but I hesitated. The Lord said that I would run out of time if I didn't go to her right away. I wanted to wait until the next stop, to make sure that she wasn't getting off there. Well, she wasn't. She was getting off at the next stop. Which did not give me time to take her through the Good Person Test, and I did not get off with her.

I almost cried about that all night long. I certainly fumed at myself about it. I was grieved that I had so displeased my Lord and possibly let this girl go straight to Hell. She was perfectly willing to talk to me. All I had to do was speak. I begged the Lord to tender my heart to His every beck and call, so that this never happens again.

And He did.

I've even moved around on the train to talk to people. And people have talked to me. And people have had time to talk to me. And other people have been listening. "Obedience is better than sacrifice." How I wish that I had not done that to that poor girl. True, I don't know that she is in Hell, or even ultimately destined for Hell--but I do know that I neglected my Lord's commandment, and, after seeing Him so faithful to lead me to others, I feel even worse for not obeying Him then.

I know that I am forgiven and that tomorrow is a new day, but I still grieve in my heart for that young lady. I pray that I will indeed see her in Heaven--but I know I missed the privilege of planting the seed, and I know that I made it that much harder for the next person.

No comments: