TheRebelution.com: The Modesty Survey

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Another Day on the Streets

So I went to the laundromat this morning to find out if what I suspected last week was true, and it is: that laundromat is gone out of business. So now I have to walk about a mile each way every week to do the laundry. But that's okay.

When I got to the place, there was a mother and four children (I am guessing ages 14, 7, 5, and 2) who were also trying to get their laundry washed. So, after giving them all some Gospel Tracts, I had them follow me. But I did tell them that I had not gone the way we were going today before now.

Good thing they remembered that.

After a couple of bad detours, I got them there with me, and they were settled, having made arrangments for someone to pick them up when they were finished. So, I don't know what happened to the four seeds I sowed with them today. So please pray for them.

When I finished the laundry, I had to go to some town in South St Louis County to the Missouri Transportatoin Museum, for some volunteer work. (It's fun.) I gave one of my co-volunteers the Good Person Test, gave two tracts to two patrons, and my last tract on hand to another co-volunteer. So, please pray for those seeds.

Then my bus didn't show--the last one scheduled for the day, so I had to walk about two miles to get to another bus line. My feet were not happy. I had already walked quite a bit before even getting there (laundromat and two separate errands). But I did survive.

The bus driver was nice. I think he is a Christian. He was giving me tips on how not to offend or get hosed by his fellow bus drivers (apparently, loving thy neighbor as thyself is a foreign concept there).

Then the bus loaded up, but no one sat near me, so I didn't give the Good Person Test. Then Georgie got on.

Wonderful Christian lady (maybe a bit undiscerning, but I did talk to her about Matthew 7:21-23) after giving her the Good Person Test. Having broken the ice, I proceeded to test the next person that sat near me. Everyone on the bus tuned in for that interview, and it went well. I got to explain to her how God sees our hateful thoughts as murder of the heart, but how God loves us so much that He sent Jesus to die for wicked people like us. It was awesome.

One lady did object that God would show us mercy because He is love, but I told her that God being love means that He must punish sin. "Love does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth." (1 Corinthians 13:6). So how can God punish sin and show us mercy? Jesus of Nazareth.

We arrived at the train station that I usually use for my commute, but we were still not at my house just yet (we were coming from the other side of the station), so I stayed on the train as most of them got off, except for Georgie and the woman who had objected. Then Adrienne got on (I do not know if that is the right way to spell it, just that that is the right pronunciation). Boy, what a treat!

She had so many questions, so much to know. We had a glorious conversation. I only cut it short because the Lord told me to, after we were waaaaaaaaaaaaay past my apartment and in the city proper. By this time, she knew what she had to do, and any more questions would simply have distracted from that. Georgie was on the bus for most of the time. We did change buses, but Georgie was on that one, too--she just changed one stop earlier than we did, which was good, because it gave me time to talk to Adrienne without distraction. Though, I do believe that Georgie would not have distracted at all, because she said nothing while we were talking except to bless me when she got off. I think, I hope, she was praying for me. And for Adrienne. Please, you pray for her, too.

When I got off the bus, I stood for a few minutes on my very tired feet. i longed for the courage to go across the street to witness to two young women, but I never did (don't know why). When they did cross the street to my side, they moved down the street, too, and I didn't chase them (avoiding every appearance of evil).

When I caught the bus, I noted that it was not my ideal situation for giving the GPT: most white people are not willing to talk to me at all, unless I can establish some sort of rapport with small talk. Instantly, the Lord brought the weather to mind: "I thought it was supposed to wait until June to be summer time." The young man laughed, commented, and shrugged. All good signs: he was listening, he was relaxed, and he was willing to engage in a conversation. So I asked him, "Have you ever heard of or taken the Good Person Test?"

He clearly was not one of my train victims, so we went through the test. After I had explained murder of the heart, the girl who was sitting almost beside me (there was some distance between our actual perches) said that he would be a good person, because he confessed to all of those crimes. I asked her what would be the case if a criminal in court did that--the judge would still find him guilty and punish him according to the law. She said that the judge would be a bit more lenient because the criminal confessed. While this is true in America, it will not be true on Judgment Day, when "all liars shall have their part in the Lake of Fire."

So I asked her to tell me what she thought a lesser form of Hell would be. She said, "Well, that's only if you believe in a Heaven or Hell," and the young man agreed. Wrong.

I explained that it doesn't matter if we don't believe in it--it is still true. The Bible said that the earth was round before men believed it. Who was right? The Bible. Who was robbed by their own pride? The scientists. I also mentioned the fact that the earth free floats in space (Job 26:7), along with the historical fact that other religions said that the earth sat on the back of a turtle, an elephant, or some guy named Atlas. Again, who was right? The Bible. The other religions are therefore less trust worthy than the Bible.

He asked me if I preferred the Bible or science. I told him that the Bible is way ahead of science. He replied, "To each his own," and departed from the bus.

I managed to get the girl's name (Hillary), but I never did ask his. (He and I were actually talking about something. Hillary didn't want to continue the conversation, so I just offered my name and asked hers. No pain at all.) Then, after she got off, I talked to the bus driver some more about the GPT and the Cross. He seemed to understand, seemed to have a bit of a Christian background. Please pray for him, too.

Have a good night, and may God bless you all.

No comments: