TheRebelution.com: The Modesty Survey

Saturday, May 19, 2007

A Good Day

I volunteer at the local transportation museum as a trolley operator. Today, I was working with a Jewish gentleman who is married to a Lutheran. He was rather surprised when I told him that I knew of Jewish Lutherans (some Jews for Jesus are Lutheran). But that wasn't the highlight of the day.

I was carrying some Million Dollar Bills in my back pocket and wondering how I was going to be able to give them out--this is a County Park, after all. Well, the Lord took care of that.

At the end of our track, there is a closed tunnel whose roof has caved in from the damage done to it by the output of the train engines that used to run through it. People often ask if we are going to restore it. Our common answer is, "Hey, if you know someone with an extra 2 million dollars lying around, we'd love to!"

Well, when I said that to one kid, he responded by getting up and opening his wallet. As he exposed it's empty inside, he said, "Nah!" and sat down. Everyone laughed.

Then I said, "I'll do you one better," and proceeded to give him one of the million dollar bills. Instantly I was swarmed with requests: "I want one! I want one!" as the kids around him saw what he had received. The parents were okay with it, but I did make sure to give them all one, too.

Later that afternoon, there was a Boy Scout troup that was riding the street car with us. They also took the million dollar bills with much joy. But here's the kicker: one of the little boys actually read the entire tract aloud!!

That's right: Open air preaching, and I didn't have to say a word!

I was tempted to run and hide, but the Lord told me to stand there and take responsibility like a man. If someone wanted to complain, they would have to dampen the spirits of these kids--and that wasn't going to happen.

My Jewish partner even made sure that a couple of smaller children also got in on the fun, by handing one to one of them when they were the only children on the car (their dad was holding one, and sitting next to the other). I was shocked.

The Lord does exceedingly, abundantly above all that we could ever ask or think. May He be praised.