TheRebelution.com: The Modesty Survey

Friday, May 25, 2007

Tired Feet, Happy Heart

I preached all night tonight. Never done that except on Boot Camps.

I started on the trains, preaching to the Cardinals' fans as they went to the game. Then I decided to go home, but I got on the wrong train at first.

Didn't care, because I knew where to get off. Problem was, I kept talking to people on the platform, and the two young ladies I was talking to were headed back Downtown. I did manage to talk to a bilingual young boy about the Good Person Test while I was on the platform, and he translated it for his mother after I left. And there was a guy who was a swim coach at the University of Washington in Seattle. I gave him the GPT before I started talking to the girls.

The girls and I had a good conversation, with a few other people listening. I got off at Union Station (again!), and took a "breather" of sorts at Union Station, because I needed to go to the restroom.

It took me about 30 minutes to get to the restroom.

Talked to Casey, then Dora and her two friends from the restaurant, then Kenny the security guard (who didn't want to be preached to and kindly told me to go away, but then gave me his name *scratches head*), then Impact and Tim (two apparently homeless guys who don't seem to care), and then I got back on the train.

The Cards' fans had just about given up, because the team was losing to the Washington Nationals, so I took their minds off the game. Gladly. One of my audience was actually a child to whom I had spoken (to her and her brother and sister) a while back actually here in Maplewood. How do I know? She remembered the Good Person Test.

So I told her that she couldn't tell anybody else what the answers were, and we had a lot of fun. I don't think I really had any complaints tonight. Much encouragement, one lady telling me that she knew it took something to preach like that. I just praise the Lord that it is so fun. I now have comebacks for every wrong answer (just about), and almost everyone thinks the comebacks are funny. If they ever agree to take the test.

Then I got off the (wrong) train again, and waited for the other train to come up. As I did, I talked to a couple of disgruntled Cards' fans, one of whom made the excuse that he is a Buddhist (I think his name was Tom). I told him that it doesn't matter--if he repents, he'll get to Heaven, too. He said he doesn't believe in sin, or judgment, or hell. I told him he'd better be right.

Then I talked to some drunk Cards' fan who had stayed on the wrong train for too long. He willingly admitted that he was going to Hell, but he didn't care to really do anything about it. A young man chimed in the conversation with some things that may have been designed to give the man hope about his situation, but much of what he said was unbiblical, and the man really didn't care (or so he said). Please pray for that young man and his girlfriend (who was listening) and that old guy.

Then we got on the train, and I gave the test to some more disgruntled Cards' fans. When we finished there, I got on the rear car and gave it to the others. They were a bit more lively than the front car, they actually believed the Cards could come back and win the game (*checks the news* they didn't). So they were in a better mood for the GPT, and there were even a couple of church-going people who kind of knew the Good News.

I have a question I love to ask Christians that I meet on the train, because it drives home the importance of not being a false convert: "In Matthew chapter 7, Jesus said that there would be many people who would come to Him on Judgment Day saying, 'Lord, Lord, didn't we prophecy in Your Name, and cast out demons, and do all these wonderful works,' but He said that He will say to them, "I never knew you, depart from me, ye workers of iniquity': What is the difference between you and them?"

If there is a difference, it will be found in accordance with John 8:30-32 and Luke 13:1-5. (<--you can change the translation you find in that link, if you want. That's the great thing about Biblegateway.com).

These two ladies were intrigued by the teaching and one of them said that she would look it up. I bid them a good night, and went home. It has been one of the best nights I have ever had.

No comments: