TheRebelution.com: The Modesty Survey

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Rejoice and Be Exceeding Glad

Those words of Jesus are kind of hard to take right now, but, as I sit at my desk, I can thank the Lord:

I have made an impact that the devil cannot ignore.

It started a while back, when Scotty started putting notes in my Bible. They were just stupid sayings, etc., but it was irritating. Now Scotty is openly telling people that I practice voodoo.

Now I tried to use it as a springboard with the second person he told that to, but he would have none of it. So it is even more irritating, because I declare my Christianity openly, but don't get to explain what it is.

Not only that, but Riley is deliberately changing his computer background to feature immodestly dressed women. After I had clearly objected.

And I have orders from my boss not to evangelize at all. Not even on break, because of some driver who slammed the door on his way out. (I had witnessed to him while he was waiting for his truck to be loaded.)

Suffice to say, I am very glad that I only have one week left here. There are some oppressive changes being made intentionally to run out the people who have been here for a while. Fortunately, I am a temp, which means that I am relatively unaffected (except that I was somewhat expected to harass the workers about the appearance of the warehouse). But I don't like to be part of a company that is ill-treating its employees. Very glad to be departing for Florida by this time next week. Very glad.

No comments: