TheRebelution.com: The Modesty Survey

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A Night at Checker's

Fast food is expensive. I've eaten out for the past few days, and I'm so glad I don't normally do that. I pity those who have families and don't have time to just eat at home. Ouch. Because I'm just one person!

But it was worth it to talk Forte. Well, at least, that was the name on his tag. He peeked out the window while I was waiting for my food.

"Man, this is a nice day! This would be a good night to be on the beach with a [immoral young woman willing to do his bidding]."

I smiled, thinking, You have no idea who you are talking to, do you. "Have you ever taken the Good Person Test?"

He was shocked to find out that hatred warrants the same punishment as murder. He was rather insistent that God forgives, but he didn't know why. I asked him how he could be so sure, since Jesus said that we would give an account of every little thing we have ever done. He couldn't tell me. But he absolutely hated the idea of going to Hell.

Here I had to make a choice between softening the blow, or pressing the issue. I chose to press the issue, because I didn't want him to miss the importance of what Jesus did on the cross. I ended up making him angry and he cut off the conversation. I didn't like that outcome, but I didn't see a way around his hard heart. I didn't want him to believe that God would just blink away sin. A sacrifice--the Sacrifice--had to be made, because the price for sin must be paid. Please pray for Forte. And his coworkers. I'll be back. =)

No comments: