TheRebelution.com: The Modesty Survey

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Quick Hit

So I was going to cross the street this morning, and there was an obvious snow-bird standing at the cross walk, waiting for our light. I walked up to him and greeted him, and he said something along the lines of how nice it was to have the warm weather return to Florida.

I had seen him look at my Jesus T-shirt, so I knew he was trying to avoid the subject. Too bad.

"Well, I think that was God's way of reminding us that Heaven isn't here!" I laughed and proceeded to cross the street.

As we approached the other side, he caught up with me and said that he didn't want Heaven if there is no beer there. I replied, "The pleasures that God has prepared for us in Heaven are far greater than the ones that we can get from beer. That's why you should give it (beer) up for Jesus!"

He really couldn't argue with that, and went on his way. Please pray for him. Thanks, and may God bless you.

No comments: