TheRebelution.com: The Modesty Survey

Monday, January 22, 2007

Sick

Today, I was still sick from whatever I caught beginning Thursday that hindered my preaching much on Friday, which I didn't have time to on Saturday, because I was out of town at Transformed. (The link for that story will be here as soon as I finish writing it.)

Sunday, I had no real improvement, and so Monday I had to take off work. Which means no preaching. It also meant not too much that I actually wanted to do in the apartment until I planned to leave for St. Charles for another Bible study. I forgot the saying, "An idle mind is the devil's playground." It is so true.

Because much of my ministry is done on the Internet, I spend a lot of time there, regardless. But when I don't have anything to do, I should not be here. For the same reason described here. Which I should already know how to defeat, but when your idea of relaxing does not include warring with the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, well, you're in for a very sin-filled day.

And, as embarrasing as this is for me to admit to and confess, I want to show you this so that you can be warned just in case you start to do the same thing. The devil is subtle, and anything he can do to keep you from doing the work that God has assigned to you, he will. It is up to you to "resist the devil, [so that] he will flee from you" (James 4:7b).

Then I found out that my friend with whom I meet for the Bible study might not be saved. She doesn't believe that Jesus can keep us no matter what, and she doesn't like the Law telling her how evil she still is. I'm going to try to show her why the Law does us Christians some good. I wrote an article on it on one of my other blogs. You can check it out here. Please pray for her.

No comments: