TheRebelution.com: The Modesty Survey

Friday, January 19, 2007

Uh oh

Sore throats really don't help my cause. Today, I have a scratchy one, but I'm going to try to tough it out.

When I approached the train station this morning, I saw a young lady standing at the top of the landing. I started to walk past her because she was reading the newspaper, but the Lord told me that what I had to say was much more important than the newspaper. So I "took the chance" and asked her, "Hey, can I ask you a question? What do you think happens when people die?"

She said, "You know, it's funny you should ask that: My friend and I were just talking about that last night."

We had a very long conversation. She had a lot of questions. And I missed about three trains...but it was okay!! I put her on a firm foundation. Gave her a "homework assignment" (her words) of Exodus 20 for repentance. She asked me why I didn't think she was a Christian. I told her that Jesus said that there is a hell, but she told me that there wasn't; either Jesus is Lord to her, or He is not. If He is Lord, then His decrees about the afterlife are to be taken seriously. She didn't get mad. At all. Amazing!! But that's the mark of someone who is genuine: they take constructive criticism well.

I did get some preaching done in the morning, but, in the evening, not so much. I was seriously about to cough a lot if I tried to preach, and being ill is not a good condition to be in while trying to preach. I tried to witness one on one, but I kept waiting too long to catch people, and they would get off the train before I could finish. Just pray for them, please. And pray for me, too.

I now see why Paul asked for prayer for boldness to speak as he ought to have spoken (Ephesians 6:18-20). Please pray for me, too.

No comments: